Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Determined Capirossi finishes Laguna Seca race


Loris Capirossi Laguna Seca 2011


It was well known that was going to be a difficult race for Capirossi. After a good start, where the Italian rider gained two places, his shoulder began to hurt too much though with determination, he was able to finish the race. Now with two weeks off, both riders of the Pramac Racing Team, Loris Capirossi and Randy De Puniet, will continue to recover for the next race scheduled for August 14th in Brno, Czech Republic.

Loris Capirossi: 
“This race was a gamble for me. In Germany I only rode for a few laps but my shoulder was too bad to continue. I made the decision to come here, and for me the most important thing was to finish the race. We knew it would be difficult because during the test was very hard to ride. The result is bad, but I'm happy because I achieved the goal to finish the race. Now I will try to get back to full fitness in Brno, one of my favorite tracks, because there I really want to prove that we can fight for better positions.”

Fabiano Sterlacchini – Pramac Racing Technical Director: 
“It has been a very difficult race. We were once again very unfortunate, but we hope that bad luck went away because it would be impossible to go on like this. Loris was very brave; however, until the shoulder acted up he was keeping a good pace. Then, once the pain was too strong, he completed the race without risking further damage to his physical condition. All this shows that he is going the right direction to recovery and we hope to see him in top form at Brno. On the contrary is going for De Puniet after the fractures suffered in yesterday’s crash. He will surely need more time to recover. Fingers crossed and we hope that when we will return from vacation luck will finally be on our side.”

Pramac Racing press release

No comments:

Post a Comment